Thursday, September 23, 2010

Baaa-aaaa!

A new diaper brand arrives on the scene. It's a lot like other diapers, but the name is catchy so, with building momentum, crowds of crunchinistas flock to it. For months it's nothing but hype, stalking, and raves. Then one day a single frustrated person creeps forward. What she has to say has been expressed before - quietly, unnoticed amid the excited chatter. But this time the magic is wearing off. When she proclaims, "Uh, this diaper kind of sucks," people are finally ready to hear. And, wonder of wonders, hundreds of other people agree. In fact, most of the devoted fans have been fantasizing about torching their P.O.S. diaper for months.

So how exactly does this happen? Why does it take ages for people to be realistic about their purchases? It's got to be the weirdest peer pressure chain reaction known to mankind.

"This diaper is so hot!"
"It's for sure the coolest thing out there."
"Yes, I LOVE mine!"
"Um, yeah, me, too. That's what I always reach for first. Uh, starting today."

Totally. Except for the part where it took 2 months to arrive, wicks like a mo-fo, takes three hours to dry, and a snap fell off in the first wash. But return emails are kind of prompt and pretty friendly, and everyone knows these are so fantastic that problems are to be expected.

What the frack? We should expect issues with hot items? Are you guys insane?!

Don't be sheep-headed morons, ladies. When something seems a little craptastic to you, don't hang in there because it's cool. I can't believe I'm having to point this out to adults, but if all your friends jumped off a cliff... maybe their shitty popular diapers will save them. You stay put up here on Mt. Reality, voice your actual opinion, and move on to something better.


*******************************************************************

So. What diaper brand were you thinking of when reading this post? We have several in mind but would love to know what you think. What you really think.

4 comments:

  1. Doodle Dypes aka King of Facebook spam??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Among others, yes. I'd add, "...not that we're keeping track." But, well, we're keeping track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutiepoops have this post written all over them, in my experience. I also hear the most complaints about Goodmamas. I often hear, "Oh, baby can only wear it for 15 minutes, but they are so cute, I can't stop buying them!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Goodmamas.... I got three from a friend and I don't see what the big fuss is. Yes they are cute, but to use them for more than one light piss you need a cover defeating the purpose. I won't even review them or post much about them on my blog.

    ReplyDelete